Community is at the heart of the Vancouver Spirit Run!
Our team of volunteers includes individuals – young and young at heart – as well as athletes, those who love the sport and those who simply want to support sport. This is a volunteer run organization and the event would not be possible without community support, whether it be sponsors, organizers or race day volunteers.
- Course set-up – This happens the day before the race – help to set-up flagging on the course
- Volunteer Check-in – setting up the volunteer tent and helping your fellow volunteers get set-up for the day
- Finish Line Handouts – greeting runners as they come across the finish line with small hand-outs
- Timing and Results – communicating with our timing booth and posting official results for runners and spectators to review
- Registration – help set-up registration tent and help runners get registered on race day
- Package pick-up – handing out race bibs
- Awards – announcing our race winners and handing out prizes.
- Trail Marshalling – making sure our runners stay on course and cheering them on!
- General Volunteers – these volunteers are critical in filling gaps day of for extra unforseen tasks or if another volunteer can’t make it